Friday, December 16, 2005

I'll Be Gone Through November

Recently eaten: KFC 6-piece bucket
Recent annoyance: process, too much process

It has come to my attention, and to the attention of my waistband, that I am getting fatter. Most people might go on a diet, curb their extravagant eating habits, hop on a treadmill, cry into a bucket of fried chicken, but not this meatball. The thing about getting tubby in the winter is a matter of nature and survival. The winter is a strange time for we humans. We don't have natural furry defense against the cold and the snow (this varies in degree depending on men, women, and Greek people). Less sunlight means we are prone to fits of rage, and general malaise.

In lieu of these facts, what's 5 or 27 pounds extra on this frame? in fact, this chub might save me from biting the big one in some cold, dark alley in the dead of January.

Fact: Hibernation is a regulated state of hypothermia
Stanger than fiction: Hibernating could really help my temperature regulation problem. i am practically on the verge of going up in flames myself during the summer months, hibernation might just be the trick to stop sweating through my shirts.

Fact: Hibernation allows animals to skip over periods of the year when food is scarce and allows them to expend their energy during times of abundance
Stranger than fiction: I am all for that. The problem is that human culture predicts more food in the winter months than in the summer months. I'd rather sleep through melted ice cream and salads in the summer, than through pumpkin pie and giant turkeys in December.

So get your time in now, because once spring hits, I'm heading for the hills, and I ain't coming out until November.

No comments: