Monday, November 21, 2005

Beefwetter

Recently eaten: chicken salad
Recent annoyance: ennui

Boy, I thought I was having a bad morning when I emptied my stomach contents at the departure gate at Dulles on Saturday. But this guy has me topped. At least he didn't try to be a hero and put the fire out himself because that's how this whole thing got started in the first place.

Sometimes you just have a really bad day

"A German man drank too much, wet his bed and set fire to his apartment while trying to dry his bedding, police in the western town of Muelheim said Monday.

"He was too drunk to go to the toilet," said a police spokesman. "The next morning he put a switched-on hairdryer on the bed to dry it and left the apartment." When the 60-year-old returned, his home and belongings were in flames.

Firemen eventually put out the blaze."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weren't the only one feeling rough on Saturday morning. I've learned a valuable lesson--3 dirty martinis and 5 sushi rolls does not make for a filling dinner.

yostinator said...

I concure! Next time we drink SAKI-TINIS, lets not do it on a stomach full of .6 ounces of raw fish.
Still, hilarious that you spewed in the airport.

Phoebe said...

Stay classy, DC.