Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Not a Doctor, But I Play One Illegally on TV

Recently eaten: allergy medication
Recent annoyance: the never-ending pile of papers on my desk

Maybe Chinese tv doctors need to have some better onset advice. I think ER and House have created a generation of hypochondriacs. Maybe it is possible that some tiny work burrowed into my leg and the symptoms only seem like epilepsy. You and I and House know the truth about Mr. Wormy.

Cracking down on TV fake medical experts (via Yahoo)
China has banned actors and other "non-accredited personnel" from playing medical experts in advertisements for drugs after an Internet-led witch-hunt exposed a number of bogus experts, state media reported on Monday.

A Chinese Internet user late last month exposed 12 fake experts selling medicine under various guises and names on television stations in eastern Shandong province, sparking an online uproar over false endorsements.

China's fair trade watchdog, the State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC) vowed punishments after local hospitals and universities queued up to deny any affiliation to the "experts," local media reported.

No comments: