Monday, February 26, 2007

At Least I Didn't Puke

Recently eaten: chili, rice, low-cal pudding
Recent annoyance: this getting to work at 9 AM

I started at the new place today. Strange, really, commuting with the other robots at 8:30 in the morning. I prefer the darkness and anonymity of the wee hours of the early morn. Less traffic. Fewer birds. I might as well have been drooling from my mouth most of the day during conversations. Refreshing to be the new kid, in that sort of hot acid thrown in your face kind of way. Newly scrubbed, raw skin, exposed to the world.

I share an office. It's kind of nice. It makes me miss S.J. a little less. Well, maybe not. And I get a window. For now. Sometimes birds fly by and I wonder if I can annex a cube in the dark recesses instead. There are SO many people there. I can hardly keep them straight. And I try to be friendly, but it is not in my nature. So I am weird and reclusive instead. It works for us internet people.

The copier is a monster. It is about the size of my desk, no, bigger. It told me it wanted to print something on legal size paper, but there was no legal size tray. I made it print on letter size. I might be genius.

No comments: